About Me

My photo
Guildford, Hampshire, United Kingdom
I am a 47 year old (2011) first generation Caribbean Black British woman. I have a 30 year old daughter and a 23 year old son. I am single and work full-time as Air Cabin Crew on long-haul. My first book (my auto-biography) called 'Shoy' was published in Feb 2004. Currently I am looking for an agent to represent me or publishers for the various projects I am working on such as a play, children's story, love story and the sequel to Shoy.

Saturday 30 October 2010

General Chit-Chat

Hello again everyone.  I would like to start by thanking all my followers and for all your lovely comments, it is very much appreciated - keep them coming.

This week, having finally got over my sort of cold and being left with a cough, I got back from Houston on Thursday morning nice and early.  Houston was very hot and sunny, but just not enough hours there to really appreciate it.  One day I must take a tour to the Space Station - are we all not interested in that somehow?  Like most places around the world, there are good and bad and having changed hotels in Houston, we certainly do go past some very poor parts of Houston unlike the other location where it was definitely affluent.

Back home, (having been greeted by the dog which is great but not when you are trying to get in the front door with suitcases in both hands) - the kids (I say kids, but they are adults, but still my kids) have been out and about most of the time so I have been left to my own devices.  My son and his girlfriend got home yesterday and he cooked a chicken curry and rice which was delicious and I ate far too much. I have been catching up with my sister (who I incidentally talk to everyday that I am in the UK and we text each other at least once when I am away).  Whilst on my travels, I have started to send my niece postcards with a quizz type question for her to guess about the destination such as "What is a famous saying about Houston?" - and the answer should be (well for me anyway) "Houston we have a problem!"  Its just a bit of fun for her.  She loves it and has so far (after taking their time) received cards from Miami and Muscat.

I have been doing quite a bit of writing over the past couple of days on my love story and a bit on the children's story.  I have also received (which was waiting for me when I returned from Houston) a very interesting story written by Mat Jackson - So Shall Ye Reap - and have started reading that.

Today, (Saturday 30th October 2010) I have been doing the washing (which I love, I find it very therapeutic and relaxing, maybe its the smell of the softner), I know, I am really not normal eh?  Been sat on my bed with the laptop on a wooden tray table blogging to you guys and 'Come Dine With Me' on the TV in the background - always makes me feel that my cooking is good in comparison to some of theirs.

Oooh incidentally, I will be starting in a few weeks time an exciting blog which will consist of chapters from my book 'Shoy'.  I am awaiting a new publisher to have it re-published so the version to be blogged will be from the original.  Hope you like it and as always your comments will be greatly received whether good or bad.

I will sign off now from this little interlude and await the streams of 'Trick or Treaters' that will be scaring the poor dog (who is called Tyden) every time they knock.  Funnily enough, the doorbell has stopped working (what ashame!!) really it just needs a new battery.

So folks enjoy your Halloween Party's, Trick or Treat haunts and don't over do it on the sweets.

No comments: