About Me

My photo
Guildford, Hampshire, United Kingdom
I am a 47 year old (2011) first generation Caribbean Black British woman. I have a 30 year old daughter and a 23 year old son. I am single and work full-time as Air Cabin Crew on long-haul. My first book (my auto-biography) called 'Shoy' was published in Feb 2004. Currently I am looking for an agent to represent me or publishers for the various projects I am working on such as a play, children's story, love story and the sequel to Shoy.

Monday 4 October 2010

Welcome

Hello, my name is Aandi Greenway and I hope that the journey you take with me will be enjoyable and interesting. I would also like to thank all of you who have taken the time to read and follow my blog.

I will start by telling you a bit about myself, just to put you in the picture. I am 46 years old (wow where did that come from?) and I have two grown up children (a daughter of 30 - yes I know!! and a son of 22 soon to be 23). I am single (not a good thing), but hopefully not for long, quite how I am going to change this, as I am not looking, is anyone guess. I work full-time for a well known airline on long haul as Cabin Crew and absolutely love it and have been doing it now for ten years, having done four years on short haul.

I also have my own business - 'Sequoia Weddings and Events'.  I chose the name as I absolutely love the Sequoia trees and what they represent.  Like the Sequoia with their deep roots, fast growth and long life - a well organised Event can secure these roots, accelerating your Company's growth and in turn your Company's survival.  Likewise for your Wedding Day, the roots you both bring to the partnership will be secured enabling growth and longevity.  Bringing happiness and security into any ones life, (in my book) is a good thing and very satisfying.

One of my greatest achievements, but by no means the only one, is having my first book published (self-published) which is called Shoy. This was first published February 2004. For the last five years I have actively been trying to secure an Agent to have this re-published here in the UK and have (three months ago) achieved this. My Agent works for The Literary Agency Group and are (as we speak) seeking to find me a new Publisher.

Shoy is the first of two which is my autobiography covering my early life from four years old to late twenties. It tells of my struggle having been abused by a lodger in my parents house and how I grew up bull-dozing my way through life, teenage pregnancy, nearly being killed and making the wrong decisions, but ultimately never giving up.

Over the coming weeks/months I will bring you into my world, letting you know about my other projects and where I draw my inspirations from. I hope you enjoy it.




4 comments:

Brian said...

Morning,

I would like to say I think you have shown great strength to start this Blog and that you should be proud of what you have started.

You are embarking on a new and exciting chapter within your life, by allowing people like myself to walk by your side as you guide and take us on a new journey in which we get to learn about Aandi

Thank you

Aandi Greenway said...

Good morning Brian

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a message (my first message) and for the compliments.

I hope that over the coming months my journey will inspire you to move on with your pending projects and learning about me will fuel your mind.

Thank you.

Helen said...

Dear Diana, this is going to be an inspirational ride for me, with you, as you let me into some of your past that I was totally unaware of, as my childhood friend. I have missed you over the years and am so elated that Facebook has allowed us to reconnect. I look forward to actually getting together on your next visit to my side of the world. Love you and wishing you all good things, your dear friend for life, Helen

Aandi Greenway said...

Dear Helen, thank you for that lovely message. We all of us, find inspiration in so many different ways and different places and as childhood friends you were my rock and inspiration and a true friendship never dies even with thousands of miles between us. Love you and God bless.