About Me

My photo
Guildford, Hampshire, United Kingdom
I am a 47 year old (2011) first generation Caribbean Black British woman. I have a 30 year old daughter and a 23 year old son. I am single and work full-time as Air Cabin Crew on long-haul. My first book (my auto-biography) called 'Shoy' was published in Feb 2004. Currently I am looking for an agent to represent me or publishers for the various projects I am working on such as a play, children's story, love story and the sequel to Shoy.

Friday 8 October 2010

Miami (Night Out and Sunrise)


Hello everyone,  I just got back very early this morning from Miami where it was gorgeous, lovely sunshine with a gentle breeze.  It was one of my colleagues 50th birthday so we went out for a little celebration in the evening.

Looking around the chosen bar, (Chili's),  there were many different characters to observe such as the business/colleague couple almost looking like they were on a first date, but not a lot of conversation. The 'girlies' night out and judging from their interactions with the staff, I would have said their local.  There was the usual group of lads having a good rowdy time, of course if we were being observed, we would definitely have fallen into the group were our personalities do not mesh but we were having a good time, so in some ways a puzzle.

Having had a very enjoyable evening, made it back to the hotel and after working out how to get the lift to move (lol room key in the slot), got to my room and promptly head-butted the door (ouch!!), but nonetheless was up early in the morning looking out at the view and the sunrise and my mind wandered off into its little world.

Wherever I am in the World, I love observing things and people and the play that I am writing has some scenes that are made up from funny or sad things that I have seen and also people and  their one-liners, but there is a main character that brings the whole thing together.

Hope your week has been a good one.  Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: